The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) Master of International Finance (AMIF) program is one of the Youth of Excellence Scheme of China (YES CHINA) master programs sponsored by Chinese government scholarship. It is a key program entrusted by Chinese Ministry of Education to the University of International Business and Economics (UIBE).
This program is for senior governmental officials and senior business managers from the member country of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB). It goes with China’s national strategy of One Belt and One Road, aiming to provide talent support for accelerating the economic development and regional economic integration of Asian countries, as well as to reserve talent resources for AIIB to develop its continuous core competence among international multilateral financing institutions. The program is focused to train policy makers and executors with global vision for regional cooperation, financial administrative talents to accelerate the integration of Asian economy, and entrepreneurs to promote the communication and cooperation within Asia.
The program mainly relies on the School of Banking and Finance of University of International Business and Economics for its strong faculty and rich experience in teaching. After one-year’s study (taught in English), students will have a systematic command of theory and practice on developmental international financial cooperation, gain a better awareness of the One Belt One Road national economic environment, and get a deeper understanding of the Chinese finance, law, culture and politic system.
Introduction to UIBE
The University of International Business and Economics (UIBE), situated in the northeast of Beijing, was founded in 1951. UIBE is a national key university under the leadership of the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Commerce, and is one of the most important institutes for talents' training and scientific research on global economic and business development.
UIBE pursues to be an outstanding national university and a prestigious international university with its distinct characteristics. After sixty years’ development, UIBE has already become a multi- disciplinary university specialized in the fields of economics, management, liberal arts, law and science, and competitive in the subjects such as international trade, international law, finance, business management and foreign languages. At present, UIBE offers nearly 40 majors to overseas students of bachelor, master and doctoral study. Among them, more than 20 majors are offered entirely in English.
With a galaxy of talents, UIBE attracts the best minds and brings up famous personnel generation after generation. Most professors have overseas experiences and strong abilities of teaching and researching, which enable them to rank among the National Talent Cultivation Project.
UIBE has a total enrollment of around 16,000 full-time students including more than 3,200 international students from 140 countries. As always, UIBE students are widely welcomed by society for their sound professional knowledge and skills, strong linguistic ability, active thinking and rich practical experience. UIBE graduates have been mainly employed in governmental institutions, financial sectors, multinational corporations, large-scale foreign trade corporations and commercial institutions stationed abroad.
UIBE warmly welcomes all outstanding international candidates who are willing to undertake international economic and trade intercourse as well as cross-culture communication and thereby make contributions to the global economic development and the world peace.
1. Program Name: AIIB Mater of International Finance (AMIF)
2. Training mode:
1) Class Teaching: Considering the particularity of the composition of participants, AMIF program adopts lectures, case studies, speeches, tutoring and other forms of flexible and diverse teaching methods;
2) Business Visits: To enhance participants' understanding of the Chinese financial and business environment, AMIF program provides regular arrangements for trainees to visit Chinese financial supervision departments, commercial financial institutions, economic development zones, E-commerce enterprises and internet financial businesses. Business visits are included in the credits of practical module (Business Research);
3) Academic Seminars: The program invites senior officials from Ministry of Commerce, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, China Development Bank, Export-Import Bank of China, China Export and Credit Insurance Corporation and other governmental departments and financial institutions, as well as famous experts from Universities both home and abroad, such as Peking University, Tsinghua University, Renmin University of China and Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, to give targeted lectures on hot spots of the international economy and financial cooperation.
4) Cultural Experience: In addition to a monthly trip to rural suburbs of Beijing, AMIF program also plans arrangements and study tours for participants to go out of the capital to experience Chinese culture.
3. Curriculum and Credits:
1) Combined with theoretical and practical teaching, the curriculum is designed to enhance students’ problem-solving abilities.
2) The curriculum of this full-time master program includes a compulsory module (20 credits), an optional module (10 credits) and a practical module (4 credits). One should acquire 34 credits to get the diploma.
4. Degree Granted:
Program participants who have acquired 34 credits, accomplished all the courses, completed the master degree theses and passed the thesis defense will be granted a Master diploma of economics by UIBE.
Academic structure and Teaching Language
1. Academic structure: “1+1” mode, the first academic year for studies, business visits and thesis writing in UIBE, the second academic year for practical work (back home) and thesis defense (in UIBE). Every academic year is divided into two semesters, fall semester and spring semester.
Fall semester: early September - the end of December (14 weeks)
Spring Semester: late February - the end of May (14 weeks)
2. Teaching Language: English.
AMIF501 Principles of Economics (3 credits)
AMIF502International Finance (2 credits)
AMIF504 Econometrics (3 credits)
AMIF505International Project Management (2 credits)
AMIF506 Business and Management of AIIB（2 credits）
AMIF507International Financial Management（2 credits）
Academic Seminars (3 credits)
Spring & Fall session
Business Research (4 credits)
Spring & Fall session
Chinese Business Ethics (2 credits)
Chinese Foreign Economic Relations (2 credits)
China’s Capital Market: Growing Opportunities (2 credits)
Entrepreneurship: Business Opportunities in China (2 credits)
E-business in China (2 credits)
Internet Finance in China (2 credits)
Business ChineseⅠ（2 credits）
Business ChineseⅡ（2 credits）
Spring & Fall session
Cooperate Finance and Management
Corporate Finance (2 credits)
Corporate Governance (2 credits)
Risk Management (2 credits)
Financial Innovation (2 credits)
Energy Economics (2 credits)
International Economics and Cooperation
Cross-Cultural Management (2 credits)
International Settlement (2 credits)
International Taxation (2 credits)
Global Financial Market (2 credits)
International Trade (2 credits)
Case Study of Development Economics (2 credits)
China’s Economic and Business System (2 credits)
Admission requirements, Application period, Application procedure, Application materials and Admission
1. Admission Requirements:
1) Age under 45 years old (by Sep. 1, current year), with good physical and psychological health.
2) Bachelor degree or above, with 3 years working experience. Those with related education or working background will be preferred.
3) Senior governmental officials or senior management staff of financial institutions from the member country of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank.
4) English good enough to take courses taught in English.
5) Be potential in related professional development and willing to promote communication and cooperation between China and other countries.
2. Application Period
Jan. 1 - Mar. 15 every year
3. Application Procedures:
l Applicants shall make online application at http://laihua.csc.edu.cn (Choose Program Category Type B and the Agency No. of UIBE: 10036) download and print out the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship and then sign the form. Hand-writing version is invalid.
l Applicants are required to make another online application at www.uibe.cn. Please download and print out the International Student Application Form generated upon successful online application.
l Please use Firefox or Internet Explorer (11.0). Menu selection functions may not work in other browsers. For Internet Explorer, please disable the ‘Compatibility View’. About how to disable ‘Compatibility View’, please visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/notice.html
l Please Submit the application documents (legible scanned ones) listed below to the application receiving agency.
3. Application Materials:
An applicant should submit the scanned copies of the following documents:
l Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship with a 2-inch photo and the applicant’s signature.
l CV in English
l Copies of bachelor’s degree certificate(s) and academic transcript(s).
l Two recommendation letters from the applicant’s employers and/or professors.
Telephone numbers and email addresses of the referees must be included in the letters.
l Employment verification.
l A copy of TOEFL 90 above or IELTS 6.0 above or official letter of English proficiency, or passing the telephone test by UIBE faculty
l Copy of the passport page of personal information.
Note: Scanned copies of the documents will be sufficient during the application period. Originals or verified copies will be required upon enrollment at the universities. All documents should be in Chinese or English and be originals or notarized copies. All documents are not retrievable.
1) The admission committee will review the application materials and decide the admission list.
2) Every candidate can be enrolled in only one Chinese government scholarship sponsored program.
3) The admission notice and visa application form for study in China (JW201) will be delivered to students by UIBE or through corresponding embassy.
4) The scholarship will not be reserved for those who cannot come to study on time.
Address of the Admissions Office:
Admission Office, School of International Education,
University of International Business and Economics
Room 101,International Plaza B,
No.10, Huixin Dongjie,Chaoyang District,
Beijing, 100029, China.
Program contact: LiJing
Tel: (86-10) 6449-2327/64492329
Fax: (86-10) 6449-3820
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email: email@example.com Tel: (86-10) 6449-2327 / 6449-2329 Fax: (86-10) 6449-3820