Visa Regulation


 According to the new Exit and Entry Administration Law of People’s Republic of China, visas for foreign students are marked X1 or X2.

Foreigners coming to China to study for 6 months or more should apply for an X1-visa with ordinary passport. The application form should be submitted together with the Admission Notice and the Visa Application for Study in China (JW201 or JW202 Form) issued by the university. Students who study for less than six months can apply for X2-visa with Admission Notice.

Foreigners who hold X1-visas should apply for Residence Permit for Foreigner in People’s Republic of China at the local Public Security Bureau within 30 days after they enter into China.

The procedures for residence permit application are as follows:

1.   Get your passport and visa checked.

2.   Bring the Visa/Stay Permit/Residence Permit Application FormAdmission Notice, JW201 or JW202 FormHealth Certi­ficateResidence Permit for Foreigner in People’s Republic of China and two current passport photos (two-inch with white background) to the Exit and Entry Administration Office of the Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau.

Notes for X2 visa application:

1. It is generally issued for students who study for less than six months and it is not necessary to do medical check for its application.

2. Students with X2 visa need to apply for a re-entry visa at the Public Security Bureau at least 10 days before departure to re-enter China (including trips to Hong Kong and Macao) during their studies.

3. To apply for the visa, students need to hand in the Visa Application Form with seals from the school, passports and on-campus or off-campus Registration Form of Temporary Residence (Residence Registration Certificate).

4. X2 visa is valid for at most 6 months from your date of entry. By using the Visa Extension Application Form affixed with the school seal, students should go to the Public Security Authorities for extension 10 days before its expiry.

5. It is important to pay special attention to the expiration date of the visa and please refer to teachers or visa authorities for questions about visa. Staying with an expired visa is a violation of law. The violator should be fined (500 RMB Yuan per day), be detained for investigation, and/or be deported.

6. If there is any change in the residence permit paper (Registration Form of Temporary Residence) such as address, school information etc, students should go to the Public Security Authorities as soon as possible for the changing formalities.

VISA Reminding

1. You should go to Office 106 to transact the procedures of visa extension or alteration and residence permit in time.

2. Students should go to Office 106 to register and transact relevant procedure in time if your passport or residence card is lost.

3. The acceptance of asking for leave is needed if you want to return home or go to other countries, areas (Hongkong, Macao), and then you should go to Office 106 to transact relevant procedure 10 working days in advance at least.

4. If you want to remove to off-campus or move house, first of all, you are bound to get a residence certificate from the police office which is in charge of the area you leave for, and then go to Office 101to register and transact the alteration procedure. 

5. You should abide by the Chinese laws and the provisions of UIBE, and the motor vehicle driving without the licenses is banned.

Visa Reminder

School of International Education,University of International Business and Economics

Admissions Office, Huibin Building, No.10, Huixin Dongjie, Chaoyang District, Beijing,100029, China

Email:     Tel: (86-10) 6449-2327 / 6449-2329     Fax: (86-10) 6449-3820